In the 1960s, a group of local citizens including decided that the Magnolia Springs community needed their own fire department. Prior to the fire department being formed, citizens had to wait for the Foley Volunteer fire dept and sometimes even the US military that would have to respond from Baron Field which is on the East side of Foley. Response times could be as long as 30 minutes for the first arriving unit to an emergency call in the Magnolia Springs community. Several community members were able to acquire surplus military equipment and were able to convert the equipment for fire department use. Once equipment was obtained, the department was able to officially incorporate in April 1961. This small department was once comprised of a few dedicated citizens that operated out of a 1,200 sq. ft. fire station housing two (2) trucks located on County Road 49 at Gates ave. As time went on, they added a small lean-to which housed another fire truck. Many times following a heavy rain storm, members would have to go up the station and dig out dirt that would wash into the station and block the bay doors from opening. The small two bay building was used until the early 2000s when the department acquired property on Gates ave. from the Baldwin County School Board.
This bell use to hang on two power poles in front of the fire station and was utilized to notify firefighters of alarms. In 2021 it was refinished and is now mounted in front of Station 1 on Gates Ave
Original fire station built in 1963 by members of the department. This fire station remain in use until the early 2000's when the department moved to its current location on Gates Avenue.
The building is owned by the community association and currently serves as the Magnolia Springs Town Hall.
This apparatus with the body off of the 1937 American LaFrance donated by the City of Mobile and the Chassis purchased by the department from Moyer ford in 1973. This truck remained in service until 2006 when it was donated the Dixonville Volunteer Fire Department in Escambia County, AL.
This truck was designed and purchased for the Magnolia Springs VFD in 1993. This 1993 Ford/E-ONE pumper has a 1000 gpm pump and 750 gallon tank. This truck remains in service at station 2
The original Magnolia School that once sat at the corner of Magnolia Springs Highway and School street. The school was torn down following a fire in the early 90's
Copyright © 2023 Magnolia Springs Fire Rescue - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder